Thursday, June 29, 2006

My last day, but not

Well, today is my last day at my job, but not really. I am coming back after a one month absence as a 'casual,' non-student, employee. I did, however, get a 'party' with a vegan German chocolate cake, which was delicious but left us all delerious with sugar and coconut. Sadly, fellow blogger Laurinha was not able to enjoy said cake, although she is a fellow employee of the office I am not leaving. Needless to say, the party was a bit anticlimactic, not only because it was at 11 AM when I am working until 5, but because I AM NOT LEAVING, as I keep having to explain to confused professors who have phds but little comprehension of basic things. Still, a party is a party.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Oh, yeah, the best part was the self righteousness of making everyone eat vegan cake and hearing them rave about how good it was and how they couldn't believe it was vegan. That's all that happens in vegan heaven.

June 29, 2006 at 10:14 AM  
Blogger Claude said...

Hold on. I don't want to knock vegan heaven, because we all know God doesn't eat meat (and cheese and blah blah blah everything).

But I have two words that somehow taste like mayo: Vegan Cheesecake.

Strike one.

And PhDs who are a little clueless, yikes. Why did I think of J-Yo when you said that?

Hi Justin!

June 29, 2006 at 11:07 AM  
Blogger Claude said...

Oh, and congrats on your month off. I hope that eqautes to more blogging.

June 29, 2006 at 11:09 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

There was no reference to Justin intended. Also, I am spending the month at a different job. One in which I will not be sitting in front of a computer all day. So, that equates to less blogging, especially since I still don't have internet at home.

June 29, 2006 at 12:15 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Sounds like a plan Laura, sounds like a plan. And by Venus of Willendorf, you mean that little stone fetish carved by Picasso, right?

I'm on the job, Sarah.

June 30, 2006 at 8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home