Friday, June 09, 2006

An Open Call

Hey Folks,

Well, now that summer is (not technically) here, people keep asking me* "Jen, now that summer is (not technically) here, what should I read in my spare time?" Well, I am now issuing a call to all you wonderful people to email me book recommendations (to jen@jenniferlehe.com) and I will compile and blog a reading list. Feel free to snub my request, but know that in so doing you are contributing to illiteracy.
~Jen

P.S. What do you think of my business card design. I know, me with a business card is laughable.


* People have not really been asking me this, most people are surprised that I read

9 Comments:

Blogger Claude said...

I like the text on the left, but don't care for the image on the right.

It reminds me that this monochromatic world we live in is something, ostensibly, a tree can not only understand but strangely participate. The disconcertment of which is apropos.

It is abstractly pleasing, in a way Diebenkorn would appreciate slyly and with much aplomb.

June 11, 2006 at 2:28 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Only one book list reply so far. C'mon, don't you people read? You'll never get a list if you don't submit.

June 15, 2006 at 7:57 AM  
Blogger Justin said...

I wish I read more.

June 17, 2006 at 9:15 PM  
Blogger Claude said...

I wish Justin read more

June 18, 2006 at 9:23 PM  
Blogger Justin said...

It's not that I'm bored by books, it's that they are such a huge commitment, and they takeover my life for weeks.

June 18, 2006 at 11:11 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Sounds as if Sarah is speaking from a place of experience. Good experience.

June 19, 2006 at 6:10 AM  
Blogger Claude said...

...not that movies or podcasts or American Idol takeover your life.

June 20, 2006 at 3:56 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Well, I'm not going to get into all that, but did you know that Chuck Norris does not actually read books? Yeah, he just stares them down until he gets the information he wants.

I don't care what you say (Sarah, I am looking now in your direction for a hipster accusation), Chuck Norris jokes are funny, especially if you are from the hometown of "Walker, Texas Ranger."

June 20, 2006 at 6:23 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

but, uh, yeah, no, claude, i think we (you and i) were all thinking it.

June 20, 2006 at 6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home