Sunday, June 22, 2008

Required Listening

If I could actually require my friends to listen to Democracy Now! I would everyday, but this episode resonated particularly strongly with me because I know how relevant the issue of news access and balance is to...well, the whole world, but particularly my artists/journalist/progressive friends. It is Bill Moyers's keynote address at the National Conference for Media Reform

Monday, June 09, 2008
Broadcast Legend Bill Moyers on Media Reform: “Democracy Only Works When Ordinary People Claim It as Their Own”

http://www.democracynow.org/shows/2008/6/9

and yes you can put it on your ipod.

In other news, my wonderfully talented students are showcasing their work next weekend at ICP school-side.

Saturday, June 28th
Photo I - 3:00-4:30pm; Classroom A

Sunday, July 1st
Photo II (afternoon): 4-5:30pmpm; Classroom A

1114 Avenue of the Americas at 42nd St
Come get inspired!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home